What is TOP Soccer?
US Youth Soccer TOPSoccer (The Outreach Program for Soccer) is a community-based training and team placement program for young athletes with disabilities, organized by youth soccer association volunteers. TOPSoccer was formed to perpetuate the US Youth Soccer mission statement which is, in part, "to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of America's youth through the sport of soccer at all levels of age and competition." There are thousands of children with disabilities who need and can be provided with, the opportunity to play soccer through the TOPSoccer program. The program is designed to bring the opportunity of learning and playing soccer to any boy or girl, who has a mental or physical disability. Our goal is to enable the thousands of young athletes with disabilities to become valued and successful members of the US Youth Soccer family. Do you want to become involved? E-mail us at email@example.com for more information.
Benefits for Participants
- SOCIAL SKILLS - Players interact with their volunteer Buddy and other athletes in a fun, group setting and learn proper social behaviors.
- TEAMWORK - Players learn to trust someone else and rely on them through soccer activities and games.
- PERSEVERANCE - Players might encounter difficulties with activities, but they will be encouraged to keep trying and overcome challenges.
- CONFIDENCE - Players will achieve success on the field that carries over to their lives off the field in so many ways!
TOP Soccer for Fall, 2022
All TOP Soccer play dates will be on Saturdays at The Southaven Indoor Soccer field at 3335 Pine Tar alley , Southaven, MS 38672. Play dates for TOP Soccer activities for Fall, 2022 are:
- September 10, 10:00am - noon
- September 24, 10:00am - noon
- October 8, 10:00am - noon
- October 22, 10:00am - noon
Cost is $10 for DeSoto County residents, $30 for non-residents, Deadline to register is September 2, 2022
or click HERE to download the registration form and turn it in to the Southaven Parks & Rec office at 3335 Pine Tar Alley, Southaven, MS 38672.
If you have any questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org